Friday, December 9, 2011

And the winner is ...

First of all, I am realllllllllllly sorry for having delayed this for so long. More than being stuck at choosing the best entry, I was also getting worked up (and excited at the same time) about making this really special. Every answer I got was so unique, innocent, fresh & genuine that I wanted to do something nice with all those answers. It was really difficult even choosing the best one. After a lot of thought, I decided to make a movie out of all the answers..  

After experimenting for text effects on Windows Moviemaker and not being satisfied with what it offered in terms of text animation and effects, I finally decided to make the movie in Powerpoint as I had heard of softwares that convert Powerpoint presentations to videos. I searched for an apt audio track for a day. The movie was done pretty quickly but the next four days were spent in hunting for a good software that would do the conversion. Some softwares had huge watermarks on every slide, and some didn't record audio. The one which I finalised is fairly decent (though it does have the logo and a play/pause menu). Any suggestions for a better software?


Art means different things for different people, and that's what makes it so special. 

"Art is its own reward. Except if you rely on it for your bills" - Cynduja on slices of time


So, here's the movie.. I hope you like it and I am sorry about the logo & the menu bar messing it up! :(






Music: "Yellow" (Instrumental) - Coldplay

All the answers were so lovely.. I really think we should find time for ourselves more often to get in tune with our creative side. Each one of us has an artist in ourselves.. we just have to wake him up!

 "We are artists,writers,dancers,musicians. Everything else is just a way to pay bills" ~ Rehab

And now, announcing the winner of this contest... the proud owner of the box of rum chocolates is........ *drum rolls* .. AU for his poetic answer on what art means to him! :) Loved his way of expression.. sweet, different and appropriate! :)

Congratulations AU !!! Do let me know how you like them :)

@Everyone: Thank you so much for taking part.. you made it all so beautiful.. and have also encouraged me to organise more contests here!! :)

Thanks to Sanjita for spreading the word around :)

Much love,

...Anu

3 comments:

  1. I remember the day you told me to do something like thism I never thought it will all be so beautiful. People participated and got to see nyce insytes on ART...You truly love to make people happy Chimz (Thats ur ART ;) )...The idea, post, and the video you made are all so unique..sweet & AWESOME !

    LuV
    J

    ReplyDelete
  2. made a ppt outta it...cool..loved da idea ! :) :)

    p.s. I will blogroll u if I get to win the next contest!waiting!ciao! :p

    ReplyDelete